Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Get your Goal on!

It sure has been a while since I have blogged...geez! I have decided that I need to put my thoughts on "paper" as this is one of the most exciting times in my life. So much is going on and I would love to capture it, while at the same time conveniently keeping my friends and family up to date on my crazy life (above the garage).

Soooooo, quick update....classes are going well. The assignments never end! I seem to always have a quiz, discussion, reading, or lab due just about every day. And tomorrow I have my midterm in my most difficult class and seem to be scared out of my wits about it. It has been YEARS since I took a midterm, and I am so overwhelmed with information that I even dreamt about astronomy last night. I have had my notes with me for a while now and I actually feel pretty prepared. But that doesnt seem to ease my nerves. But alas, a mere 10 hours from now it will be almost over. Breathe in, breathe out. New topic before my heart beats out of my chest!

Goals, I definitely have 'em, and definitely have been working hard at checking those bad boys off. But I have been recently inspired by a friend who is taking a proactive approach at being goal oriented. So in the spirit of being the best ME I can be, here they are in print. And also in the spirit of giving myself some much needed praise, I will also include those set at the beginning of this year and already acheived. Thats right, go me!

~ Start a savings account (havent had one in about 10 yrs) and start a $1,000 emergency fund.
CHECK! I actually am now up to $2,250 since 1/18. :)

~ Enroll in classes at Columbia State and work toward a degree in social work
CHECK AGAIN! Halfway through my first sememester.

~ Sucessful carreer change from corporate world to being self employed (and even have insurance)
CHECK AND CHECK! I am now gainfully employed as a full time nanny, personal assistant, and still manage to get various babysitting, acting, and wedding coordinating jobs.

~ Lose 10 lbs

~ Get organized (this is a process and will take time)


So I have lots to work on and big changes to make. I feel like I am on the way to being the best that I can be and a happier and more confident self. I am excited to share my progress and always enjoy any tips and ideas for reaching these goals. Im very lucky to have great people in my life that encourage and inspire me.

Off to study a bit more before I finally hit the hay.

No comments: