Monday, April 28, 2008

The light at the end of the tunnell

First, a much needed update. After work Friday I happily packed my bags and practiced feverishly to get me and Heyzues ready for the bus ride. As we pulled into the parking lot where the bus awaited my cell phone rang. OH, a call to tell me how happy they are that I would soon be on my way? Nope, a call to say there are no sick kids. Thats right, no sick kids. A good thing, of course. But that meant that my services were no longer needed. Heyzues and I were a little dissapointed, but ice cream cheered me....ahem....HIM right up! It all worked out well though because I was able to work Friday and Saturday thus saving a vacation day and making some extra cash over the weekend.

So, I have decided to make some huge changes very soon. Its been a long time in the making, but it is quickly approaching and I am now starting to get a wee bit nervous! I tend to be a person of structure. I have had at least one steady full time job for the last 7 years and at times have even worked an additional part time gig to supplement. As a result I have never made a rent or car payment late and I also live credit card free. (insert back patting). I mean not to brag, just to set the stage. So as I take the plunge and give up my stable good-paying job with benefits (ok my heart is starting to pound as I type) I am relying on my money management skills to get my through the next few years (gulp) on a less stable mix of nanny jobs and part time admin/personal asst work. But lets not focus on the negative, because this is one of the most exciting times of my life. I finally found what I want to do as a carreer and I decided to take life by the horns and go for it. I have so much passion for my area of study and so much faith in myself that I know this is going to be great! The last few months have been literally exhausting. I am working 2.5 jobs to save as much as I can for my safety net, and 13 hour days like today make for a long week,. If I can make it until the end of this month I will be home freeeeeeeee! I must admit, I am more than lucky to have the opportunities that I have to make extra cash. I think being this busy leaves little time for me to have a complete and total panic attack about the whole thing (breathe Laura). I have a tendancy to feel a bit overwhelmed and burnt out lately. So starting today the theme is grateful. I have wayyyyy too much to be grateful to complain about anything. I have a great family, great friends, an amazing over-the-garage abode, a car that gets me from here to there, a savings account that shows me why all of the extra work is going to pay off, a new laptop, beautifully painted toe nails, and the coolest puppet in the universe. Just to name a few. Yep, I am one lucky duck.

I am going back to school
I am going back to school
I am going back to school
I am going back to school
I am going back to school

Wow, the more I type it, the more real it becomes.

So keep positive thoughts, prayers, energy forcefields, cheese curds, or whatever you choose coming my way. Oh boy, my day starts over again in just 8 hours. I better get some rest!

No comments: