Thursday, April 24, 2008

Heyzues' first big trip!


Well, my blonde haired puppet and I are taking our show on the road! Heyzues and I are gonna load up on the bus tonight and make our way to Lebanon, MO where our crazy antics have been called upon to cheer up sick children at a hospital there. Heyzues has never been on a bus, so I am sure he will enjoy this new adventure. But this trip isnt all fun boys and girls. We have a lot of rehearsing to do before our visit! Who is this mystery puppet, you might ask? A few years ago my bffs and I headed to BellBuckle, TN for a good ol' fashioned arts and crafts fair. Being the performer that I tend to be, I just had to try them out! Before long a few people had come by to see the impomptu puppet show! I made them sing, dance, sneeze, yawn...anything I could think of! It was so much fun, but alas there were windchimes and lawn statues still left to see. So when I moved along, my bffs cleverly purchased one for me and even hid it for me for months until Christmas! How excited was I to open the box and see that synthetic smile and felt eyes staring up at me! He would have no other name that Heyzues, as his hoodie reads "GOT JESUS?" I love that little puppet, and even dressed him up as a pirate this past Halloween! He is the perfect addition to this exciting weekend, and I have no doubt that he will provide hours of laughter and entertainment for all of the sick children. I anticipate this being a truly inspiring trip.

So, I put my 4 week notice in at work this past Monday. Wow, what a weight that has been off my shoulders. Its amazing how quickly news spreads in such a small office. Everyone wants to know why I am leaving, where I am going, what I will be studying, etc. Everyone seems so happy and excited for me, its a great feeling! I am reminded on a daily basis that I am doing the right thing. The idea of wearing a cap and gown literally gives me goosebumps! I just have so many positive things going on right now and that I am very grateful for. Yep, life is good! (Heyzues nods in agreement)!

2 comments:

Lindsaysoprano said...

I can't believe i didn't know about this puppet!

JACNY said...

Is Heyzues Happy with your hand up his butt?